If you’re a big fan and viewer of Youtube you can transfer it from your small screen mobile devices and desktop directly to your big screen smart TV. Most smart TV’s already have the Youtube app already available for downloading but there’s one extra step required to begin viewing it, that’s activating the app.
How to Use Youtube Activate
Anybody can install and activate the Youtube app on their smart TV by simply following these steps:
- On your mobile device or smartphone visit www.yourube.com/activate
- Download/Install/Open your Youtube app on your smart TV
- Click on the Gear icon on the left side
- Click Sign in
- You will be provided an 8 digit code that you’ll use at the activation login
- Keep the screen open
- Visit yourube.com/activate on your laptop, mobile device, or smartphone
- Enter your google login info
- Enter the 8 digit code from the Youtube app
- Click the blue Next button
- Click Allow access
From the above steps Youtube should be activated on your smart TV. You should be able to browse and watch all of your favorite Youtube channels and engage in the content.
Activate Youtube App on Regular TV’s
If you do not have a smart TV but have a regular TV instead you will need to use a mobile device such as the following:
- Xbox one
- Apple TV
- Samsung TV
The activation instructions are very similar to the smart TV instructions which require you to download/install the Youtube app, acquire the 8 activation code, and enter it at the activation www.youtube.com/activate website. There may be an additional step that needs to be added but if you use the smart TV instructions as a guide you can figure everything out easily.
Youtube App Details
The Youtube app allows users to view everything that is happening on Youtube from their big screen TV’s. You can sit back in your living room and scroll through videos and various channels with ease, just like you would from your smartphone or mobile device.
From the Youtube app you can view the hottest videos, what’s trending, read/write comments, create playlists, etc.