If you are like many people and use your AOL mail account for all of your electronic communication, then you should be aware of some of the best ways to sign in to your account from a different location, at any time. We’re going to show you a couple common ways users sign in to their AOLMail account.
Login to AOLMail Via Google Search
This may be the most popular way users connect with their AOLMail login:
- Search in Google www.aolmail.com login
- Click the AOL Mail link
- Enter your username, email address, or mobile number
- Click the Next button
If you do not have an AOLMail account you will need to go through the registration process and input this info:
First Time Registration
- Visit aolmail.com login
- Click the Create an account button
Enter the following details:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Birth month info
- Click the blue Continue button
Continue on with the rest of the registration process to create your login information as well as your security info When you get finished with everything you should have a new AOL email account that you can utilize 24/7 sending and receiving emails.
How to Login From AOL Homepage
If you would like to login to your AOLMail login from the AOL homepage you can follow this brief guide:
- To access AOL.com through your web browser, open your favorite browser and enter the URL.
- Then, from the top right hand corner of the page, click the Sign In button to open the AOL home page.
- Upon clicking the link you will be taken to a page where you can login to your account without any hassle or to www.aolmail.com login.
- In the next step, you’ll need to fill out the email address for Verizon.
- In the next step, enter the password of your Verizon email account.
- Your account can be accessed by clicking on the Sign In button at the bottom of the screen.
- You can also click the ‘Stay Signed In’ checkbox to keep signed to your Verizon account on that particular web browser.
How to Use POP or IMAP to Check AOL MAIL
Using a third-party app will allow you to download or send your AOL Mail email. POP and IMAP are the two protocols you can select when setting up a third-party email client.
Emails from your AOL account (aolmail.com login) are retrieved via POP. After an email has been downloaded, it stays in the app even if you remove it from your account. Additionally, POP only downloads emails from the Inbox (not personalized folders), so to download all of your emails, you’d need to move email from existing folders to the Inbox.
IMAP, however, keeps your account information and your app synced so they are exactly the same. The app will mirror the actions you take with your mail.aol.com account (and vice versa).
These are the POP and IMAP settings you will need for AOL Mail, along with links to instructions on how to set up common email clients. If you need specific help configuring your app, contact its manufacturer.
AOL Mail POP and IMAP Settings
Protocol Server Settings Port Settings
POP 3 Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.aol.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com POP3-995-SSL
IMAP Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.aol.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com IMAP-993-SSL
AOL Mail Features
AOL Mail has the following features available:
- Email attachment limit: 25 MB
- Max mailbox size: Unlimited
- Supported protocols: POP3, SMTP, IMAP
- Link to other email accounts from other service providers (such as Gmail and Hotmail).
Ads: are displayed while working with the email account. Embedded links within emails are automatically disabled and can only be activated by the email user.
- Spam protection
- Virus protection
- Spell checking