Your Facebook account may not be accessible for a number of reasons. A lost FB account password, a hacked account or a deactivated account will prevent access to your Facebook account.
A number of options are available to get you back in touch with Facebook. In spite of a changed password, you can still recover your account using some simple tips.
Facebook Login Identify Assistance
To get started with the recovery process in all cases the place to visit on the Facebook website is the following link – www.facebook.com/login/identify.
- Enter your email address or mobile phone number
- Click the blue Search button
- Choose whether you want to reset the password in the mail or number associated with your Facebook account and click the Next button.
- Facebook will send the reset code to the media of your choice (email or by phone number)
- Enter the code and click Continue.
- Generate a password and click Continue.
If you followed the instructions above you should be able to login to your Facebook account with a brand new password that you created.
Alternative Facebook Password Recovery
For other users who are asking the question, “how do I find my Facebook login ID and password” you can use the info below too:
- Visit the homepage of Facebook
- Click the Forgot Password link
- You will be taken to the facebook.com/login/identify page to go through the entire process mentioned above
Facebook Trusted Contacts Password Recovery
- Visit www.facebook.com/login/identify
- Enter the name of a trusted contact and follow the instructions to send the recovery code link on the screen to the trusted contact
- Contact your friends you are sending the link to
- Inform them to open the link
- You will receive a security code from them
- Enter the security code and reset the password
Password Recovery Reset Limit
Always be sure when you are waiting for a reset link in your email from Facebook that you search your junk email too. Many times your link will show up there just in case you say you haven’t received it.
There is also a 24 hour time limit to reset your password using the emailed link. Be sure to do so within that time frame.
Changing Your Password While Logged In
If you are interested in changing your Facebook password while you’re logged in then there is no need to visit the www.facebook.com/login/identify site. You can simply follow these instructions:
- Login to Facebook
- Click your profile
- Choose settings and privacy option
- Navigate to the Facebook settings and select Security and Login
- Choose the Change password feature
- Select the edit button
- Type in your old password
- Type in your new password
- Click the Save button