With your new Ford vehicle is the SYNC Connect powered by FordPass. It is new technology that allows you to interact with and access your Ford vehicle. You are getting the SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot, SYNC AppLink, SYNC Connect FordPass, and Ford+Alexa.
It’s an entire information station while paired with your smartphone to present to you information in real time.
SYNCMyRide.com Activate Instructions
To get started with activating SYNC Connect to your smartphone and FORDPASS you will need to:
- Download Fordpass from the App Store or Google Play
- Accept the terms and conditions
- If you already have a Ford owner account you can login using your username and password
If you do not already have a Ford owner account create one via the FordPass app with some basic info and a 4 digit PIN or visit www.syncmyride.com/activate.
- Add your SYNC equipped vehicle
- Go to the My Vehicles Card
- Click on Add Vehicle
- To add a second vehicle click the plus button
- Scan the VIN barcode by selecting the Use Camera tab and point your phone’s camera to the VIN label located on your vehicle’s driver door sill
- You’ll get a scanned successfully screen
- Assign a vehicle nickname then click Finish
- You’ll see a screen directing you to activate SYNC Connect by touching the Activate SYNC Connect button
- After a few minutes go to your vehicle to start it
You will see a notice pop up on the SYNC 3 touch screen – “Your name has requested to be the Ford Owner account owner for this vehicle. Select Allow to enable the full set of Ford Owner features which includes vehicle location and other information.”
- Select Allow
Keep in mind if you do not touch Allow in the pop up within 10 startups you will not gain access to remote features and will need to reactivate from the beginning
Once you do after a short period of time all remote features can be accessed from your smartphone’s FordPass Vehicle Controls Card
Ford SYNC Features
What makes SYNC Connect special are the 4 functions that make up the infotainment system. Here is a list of the functions and their features:
SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot
Connect with up to 10 devices at once and accessible up to 50 feet away from the vehicle.
SYNC Connect FordPass
Control your vehicle remotely including tracking your vehicle’s location, remotely lock and unlock your doors, check diagnostics, activate AC/heating.
Utilize voice commands or the built-in touchscreen to start your favorite apps
Receive traffic information and the full use of Alexa
SYNC 3 Android Apple CarPlay
Receive and make phone calls, read and reply to text messages, listen to voicemails, access and stream music, receive live traffic reports, etc.