American Airlines members can upgrade their credit card to the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard online at www.citi.com/applynowaaplatinumselectcard. Members that were informed of the offer via mailer have 3 ways to apply – online, by mail, or by telephone.
American Airlines AAdvantage Citi Platinum Select Card Invitation Number
The fastest and most convenient option for most applicants to apply for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Card is to visit the online website:
- Visit citi.com/applynowaaplatinumselectcard
- Enter your invitation code found on the upper right side of your mailer application
- Enter your last name
- Click the blue Proceed to Application button
The citi.com/applynowaaplatinum selectcard invitation number is key to applying online as it identifies exclusive members that have been invited to apply.
It also speeds up the online application process is some of the application information automatically pre-fills for you because some of your financial info that pre-approved you for the offer is used to pre-fill in certain application fields.
Applying online only takes a few minutes and afterwards you will receive an instant decision on your acceptance.
Once you’ve application has been processed and approved your new credit limit is extended and your new card is mailed out.
Apply By Phone
If you are more comfortable applying for the credit card by telephone then you can call the toll free number – 1-800-514-8501. You can speak with a representative that will assist you with the telephone application process.
Apply By Mail
Included with your mailer you should’ve received a hard copy application that can be completed and mailed back. This is the slowest option as it can take up to 7 days to receive information on your acceptance due to mail travel time.
When applying online, telephone, or by mail you will need be required to enter additional personal details such as:
- mortgage/rent amount
- Employer details
- Social security number
- Date of birth
There are some major bonuses that new cardholders will receive for being accepted into the program including earning double miles:
- Earn up to 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles
- Earn 40,000 AAdvantage miles after making $2,000 in purchases in the first 3 months
- Earn 10,000 bonus miles after making a total of $6,000 in purchases in the first 12 months of account opening
Earn Double Miles
Double miles on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1 AAdvantage mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
Double Miles at Restaurants
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent at restaurants
Double Miles at Gas stations
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent at gas stations
$100 American Airlines flight discount
- Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount after your spend $20,000 or more in purchases during your card membership year and renew your card
Other Card Features
- Annual fee $99 – waived for the first 12 months
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Purchase rate – 17.99% – 25.99% based on creditworthiness
- First checked bag is free
- Enjoy preferred boarding
- Receive a 25% savings on inflight food and beverage purchases when you use your card on American Airlines flights