Equifax is offering consumers that have experienced a data breach via a creditor they do business with free credit monitoring through their service Equifax Credit Watch Silver. The free credit monitoring service is a free trial subscription that could be a 1 to 2 year deal. You will need to refer to the communications letter you received from your creditor for exact details, follow the steps below to get started.
My Services Equifax Silver Activation
- Visit www.myservices.equifax.com/silver
- Enter your 12 digit activation code that is found on your communications letter
- Click the orange Submit button
There is a sign up process with My Services Equifax Silver you will need to complete which requires some of your personal information including:
- First name
- Last name
- Current street address
- Zip code
- How long you’ve lived at your current address
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- Cell number
- Click the red Continue button
The next few steps in the process will involve you creating an online account which includes a username and password, verify your identity, and confirm your order. To complete the rest of the process you will need your financial documents and recent statements for verification purposes.
When you are finished with the sign up process at myservices.equifax.com/silver you will have free credit monitoring access and the option to explore all of the features associated with the free trial. You don’t have to worry about any charges as well, this is a free service. Your subscription will expire which you’ll be notified a month before your coverage lapses.
Consider Applying For A Credit Card
Here are recommendations for credit card offers – Capital One or American Express.
Equifax Credit Watch Silver Details
The purpose of the Equifax Credit Watch Silver service is to keep your personal information safeguarded. Other features you can expect with this service are:
- Users will have control of who has access to their credit file with the Equifax Credit Report control feature. For a fee of $2 per month additionally, this service allows users to lock or unlock their online file.
- A perk for signing up is customers will receive 1 free Equifax Credit Report through the trial program including any optional reports.
- If you’re interested in checking out your past credit reports via the Equifax Credit Watch Silver service you’ll be able to access them from the Report Manager feature. There is a Past Reports tab available.
- Up to $25,000 of Identity theft related expenses are covered under the Identity Theft Insurance feature which is available to customers for their protection.
- Automatic fraud alerts are activated which encourages lenders to take extra steps to verify your identity before extending new credit.
Any questions or concerns customers may have can be directed to the Customer Care team by calling 1-866-493-9788.