Spectrum Mobile customers that recently purchased a smartphone or mobile device can activate their new purchase online at www.spectrummobile.com/activate. When you receive your new device in the mail you should receive a Quick Start Guide that will offer instructions.
Steps to Activate Spectrum Mobile Devices
Visitors to this site can also refer to these instructions which are similar to the instructions found in your Quick Start Guide to get started. The first step to consider before your Spectrum activation is to turn off your device before inserting your SIM card.
Samsung and LG phones already have their SIM cards inserted so there is nothing you have to do if you purchased one of these phones.
- Visit spectrummobile.com/activate
- Enter your username
- Enter your password
- Click Sign In button
- Select Start Activation
- Complete the on screen steps to complete activation
- Upon completion a confirmation email will be sent to your email address on file
- Turn on your device and connect to wifi
- Follow the prompts to setup your new device and begin using
**If activation fails visit Spectrum Mobile’s Activation Technology page for more help.
Setting Up Account For First Time
If you have not setup your Spectrum Mobile activate account including creating a Username and Password consider these steps:
- Visit www.spectrummobile.com/activate
- Click Create a Username link
- Confirm your zip code
- Click blue Continue button
- Enter your email address
- Enter your account number found on your statement
- Enter your security code or MAC address
- Select your username and password
- Setup your security questions and answers
- Click blue Register button
If you ever forget your login credentials consider using the simple troubleshooting tool via the Forgot Username and Password link on the homepage.
Your billing cycle begins when your activate your device or one week after it is delivered, whichever comes first.
Basic Spectrum Mobile Activate Issues
Any problems you may experience with activating your new Spectrum Mobile device should first begin with these 3 solutions:
- Ensure you have mobile coverage in your area
- Check to make sure your SIM card is installed correctly
- Restart your device if you possibly turned it on before completing the activation process