OTC refers to ‘over the counter’, which means that you don’t need a prescription to buy medicine. These common medicines can be procured from any drugstore or pharmacy. However, the vast discrepancies in the price of OTC medicines can exceed your budget.
To address the issue, you can get a unique card and enjoy several benefits for OTC purchases. mybenefitscenter.com is an online portal that makes it quick and easy to activate your OTC card.
Cardholders receive their OTC cards via mail, after which they need to activate card on the portal. Once activated, the user needs to register as a member at mybenefitscenter to manage their card and payment.
In this article, we’ll lay bare everything about where to buy OTC cards, how to activate them, and the benefits they entail.
What is an OTC Network Card?
The OTC network Card is a prepaid debit card that can be used to purchase over-the-counter items. The card can be used across partner pharmacies, retail stores, and grocery shops. The card is funded by your healthcare plan provider, which can be managed online on mybenefitscenter.com.
How does it Work?
The OTC card works just like any other prepaid debit card. There’s a predetermined amount that’s available for users. You can purchase over-the-counter items at partner stores by swiping the card at a debit machine at checkout. The amount will be deducted from the card balance.
The participating stores have a wide range of products available for purchase through OTC network cards. Common medications for colds, flu, allergies, pain relief, etc. are available for purchase.
About MyBenefitsCenter Member Portal
The mybenefitscenter.com activate card portal is designed for individuals to track, manage, and maximize their health plan benefits. They can view transactions, and balances, and contact customer service by creating an account on the web portal.
Who can use the mybenefitscenter OTC Card?
There are certain prerequisites that you need to fulfill before using your OTC card.
The card is available to everyone with a current health insurance plan. You first need an OTC network card before you can activate it.
These conditions are:
- Approve your member plan ID with Medicare.
- Make sure you have a valid date of birth certification, otherwise you won’t be issued a card.
- Your membership ID number on the OTC card should be legible.
How to Activate an OTC Card?
There are three different modes to activate your OTC card. Users can activate their card by:
You can place a call to the Card Services Group at 1-888-682-2400. For TTY/TDD, call 711.
- Visit the Store or Pharmacy
You can also activate the card by visiting the pharmacy or a store like Dollar General, CVS Pharmacy, Walmart, etc.
The third option is to activate the card on the website.
How to Activate OTC Card on mybenefitscenter?
To use the OTC card, users need to activate it through the portal.
- Visit com activate card
- Go to the ‘Activate Card’ section
- Click on the ‘Create an Account’ button
- Click on ‘Agree & Proceed’
- Enter your email address for verification
- Click the blue ‘Send verification code’ button
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create your login credentials and help activate your cardfor first-time use.
Once you’ve created your account and login credentials, you’ll have to login and register your card for use. Follow the steps below:
- Visit mybenefitscenter.com/activate
- Enter your 19-digit card number
- Click on the orange ‘submit’ button
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Enter all information asked on the screen to register your card
When you are finished registering you can now use your login credentials to login to your account.
How to Retrieve My Benefits Center Password?
If at some point you forget your password, don’t worry. Follow the instructions below:
- Visit mybenefitscenter.com
- Login to your account
- Click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link on the homepage
- Enter your email address for verification
- Follow the instructions received in your email to reset your password
How to Manage OTC Visa Cards?
Once you have registered for an online account, you can access the various features of the portal through your dashboard. You can access the overview of all your benefits through this dashboard, which includes the following information:
- OTC Card Balance
- Benefit type
- Balances of all the benefits you signed up for
- Enrollment start and end dates
- All past transactions
There are navigational categories at the top of the dashboard where you can view additional information like:
Search for eligible products under your plan and all the benefits you’ve signed up for.
Keep track of all your purchases, spending, and balance through this tab.
This tab will enlist the list of all eligible retailers, pharmacies, and grocery stores in your area. You can also find the list of all available online retailers.
- Account Page
Review and edit your personal information, change your password, and enroll for benefits on this tab.
In this section, you’ll be notified of any news or other health plan-related information.
Any questions or queries that users may have can be resolved in this Support Section at the bottom of the dashboard. There are FAQs and help videos in this section to assist you further.
How to Download the OTC Network App?
The OTC Network® app is a fast and convenient way to check your OTC Network card balance and find eligible items when shopping in-store at participating retailers.
To download the app, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Google Play Store or Apple Store
- Search ‘OTC Network’ to download the latest version of the app
- Log in with your credentials and view all information related to your card.
Benefits of Registering on mybenefitscenter.com
Registering on the portal provides several benefits to users. Some of them are:
- Registered account holders on mybenefitscenter.com can enjoy the convenience of hassle-free purchases;
- You can browse for items online based on price or category;
- Customers can read product descriptions and view photographs of items before purchasing;
- The portal shows the balance amount left on the OTC card;
- You also get access to wellness products and monitor their real-time progress;
- You can forward your prepared card benefits towards nutritional and whole foods;
- The OTC card contains a bonus for assistive devices. You can use the benefits of purchasing aids and safeguards.
- The OTC card also provides products for service dogs like toys, food, treats, beds, etc.
Eligibility and Restrictions of OTC Network Card
To be eligible for an OTC Network Card, you must be enrolled in a health plan that offers it. Most Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, and dual-eligible plans offer the card as a benefit to their enrollees.
However, it is essential to note that not all plans offer the card. So, you should check with your health plan provider to confirm your eligibility.
It is also important to note that the card has some restrictions. The card cannot be used to purchase non-eligible items, such as cigarettes, alcohol, vitamins, supplements, and prescription medications. Additionally, the card balance cannot be used to pay for out-of-pocket costs, copayments, or deductibles.
The OTC network was officially launched in 2010. The OTC benefits system gives people with Medicare a plan where they’ll be reimbursed when purchasing at participating pharmacies. Users can easily activate the card from the portal mybenefitscenter.com.
There are several benefits to owning an OTC card. Patients don’t need a doctor’s prescription to buy medications with a valid OTC card. The card covers over-the-counter medicines for colds, flu, and asthma, as well as for oral, eye, and skincare. Dietary supplements, minerals, vitamins, and diabetic supplies can be purchased through the card.
Mybenefitscenter lets OTC card holders keep track of their balance amount and find participating pharmacies nearby.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I obtain health plans for OTC member cards?
The OTC member card can only be obtained by a current health insurance policyholder. You have to send a personal OTC network card request to activate it. You can obtain health plans from ArchCare, VSNY Choice Health Plans, Health First/Health Insurance for New Yorkers, and iCare/Independent Care Health Plan.
What does the OTC app do?
The OTC app is your single-stop solution for all benefits related to your card. You can track, manage, and maximize your health plan benefits through the app 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Its dashboard provides you with a summary of all benefits available and your balance amount.
Can I order OTC items for home delivery?
Yes. You can order OTC items for home delivery by two methods:
You can order from mybenefitscenter.com at participating stores for home delivery. Have your member ID card ready and follow the on-screen instructions.
Call 1-855-858-5937 and convey your order to the pharmacy or store. You have to choose the item from the Over-the-counter and Grocery Program Catalog.
Your order will be delivered at no extra cost within 5-7 business days.
How can I check my OTC card balance?
You can check your OTC card balance at any time on mybenefitscenter.com. Once on the site, follow the instructions below:
- Enter your 19-digit OTC card number
- Enter your Member ID number
- Your OTC card balance will be displayed on-screen.
Where can I report a lost or stolen OTC card?
Get in touch with your health insurance provider to report a lost or stolen OTC card. A new card will be issued by the health plan provider and should reach you by mail in 5-7 business days.
Once your card is delivered, you’ll have to activate it on mybenefitscenter.com.