Frequent Flyers interested in upgrading their current credit card to an American Airlines AAdvantage Mile Up card can take advantage of an exclusive offer to apply. Customers that are pre-selected for the credit card can apply for the card in three ways:
- By phone
- By Mail
The most convenient way for most consumers is to apply online which affords you the fastest response.
Apply for AAdvantage Mile Up Card with Invitation Code
When applying for the credit card you will need to input your individual invitation code which identifies you as a pre-selected customer:
***you can find your invitation code on your offer letter at the top right above your name
- Enter your last name
- Click the blue Proceed to Application button
Continue on with the rest of the online application process. By entering in your American Airlines AAdvantage Mile Up Card invitation code some of the online application will automatically pre-fill saving you some keying in. You will however need to input the following info:
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- Monthly mortgage / rent payment
- Phone number
- Total annual income
- US citizen Yes or No
- Email address
When you have finished the citi.com/applyaamileupcard application and clicked the Submit button you simply wait for a response. You will receive an immediate response that only takes a minute or so to learn if you’ve been approved for a credit card and your credit limit.
Apply By Mail
To apply by mail you simply need to complete the paper application you received in your offer letter. Mail the letter back inside the self-addressed envelope and you should hear back with a decision on your acceptance in about 7 days.
With paper applications consumers need to consider the time it takes for mail to travel and the processing time when it arrives to Citi.
Apply by Phone
To apply for the AA Mile Up Card credit card by phone consumers can simply call the phone number on your offer letter.
The current deadline for applying and taking advantage of the opportunity is by 12/15/2020.
citi.com/applyaamileupcard Credit Card Features
Here is a breakdown of the benefits and perks that come with the Citi Apply AA Mile Up Card offer and a separate section for the fees:
- Bonus after spending $500 or more within the first 3 months you can earn 15,000 American Airlines AAdvantage Bonus Miles and a $50 statement credit
- Earn 2 AAdvantage Miles at grocery stores and on eligible American Airlines purchases
- No annual fee
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent at grocery stores including grocery delivery services
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1 AAdvantage mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- No mileage cap – no limit to the number of AAdvantage miles you can earn
25.24% APR for cash advances
22.99% for Citi Flex Plan
Balance transfer fee: $5 or 3% of the amount your transfer each time
Cash advance fee: $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance
Foreign transaction fee: $35 for each purchase after conversion to US dollars
Late Payment fee: up to $40