In an effort to get more people tested for coronavirus Quest Diagnostics is offering an antibody test (COVID-19 Immune Response) that can be purchased online. The test does not require a doctor’s visit beforehand, you can simply visit the website and order the test.
How Get Quest Test Works
If you are considering purchasing a Quest Coronavirus Antibody Test here’s some pointers to consider before visiting www.getquesttest.com:
- The Quest Direct Covid test is beneficial for individuals that have tested positive for COVID-19 and 7 days into your diagnosis you want to know if you have detectable levels of antibodies.
- You have not experienced a fever or felt ferverish in the last 3 days
- You have not experienced new or any worse symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 10 days which includes the following:
- Loss of smell or taste
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Feeling lethargic/weak
- Experiencing lightheadedness or dizziness
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Slurred speech
Reasons Why Someone Should Not Take the Test
- Having symptoms of sickness along with having a fever within the past 3 full days – in this case you should first see your doctor
- If you think you have COVID-19 consider seeing your doctor first
- It’s been 7 days or less since you’ve been tested for/diagnosed for COVID-19
- You know you’ve been directly exposed to COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- If you’re aware you have a compromised immune system which complicates fighting off infections
What The Test Will Do
- If you were never diagnosed with COVID-19 the test can help determine if you may have been previously exposed to the virus.
- If you were diagnosed with COVID-19 the test can check whether or not your body has produced antibodies.
Quest Diagnostics Antibody Test Info
If you understand the above information which are prerequisites from Quest Direct COVID for getting tested then act accordingly. If you fall in the acceptable category for taking the test then continue reading:
- Visit www.getquesttest.com
- Click the green Add to Cart button
Be prepared to complete a form that will be asking for:
- Date of birth
- State of residence
- Answer 4 health related questions
- Click the Submit button
The cost of the test is $119 which includes a $10.30 service fee. The payment processing is done on the site and you can use a credit card to make your payment and the next step is making your appointment for testing.
After purchasing the service the person will then be asked to make an appointment at one of Quest’s 2,200 service centers across the US to have their blood drawn. Test results are available between 1 and 2 days after the blood is drawn.
The day of your appointment it is advised that you must not have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 for at least 10 days.
You will be required to wear a face mask
You will be required to pass a contactless temperature check
After the Quest Direct antibody test has been completed and you receive your results it is recommended from the CDC that you discuss your test results with your employer and whether to return to work with your healthcare provider and employer.