Employees ready to file their taxes for the upcoming tax season will need to receive an electronic copy of their W-2 tax form or 1095-C tax form online at www.mytaxform.com. The site is accessible by users 24/7 so they can login and download their tax forms so they can file their taxes on time.
There are benefits to receiving and downloading your tax forms online partly because of the following:
- Receive electronically is faster than mail
- If you need a copy it can simply be downloaded
- No waiting
www.mytaxform.com login – Access Your W2 and 1095 C Tax Forms
Let’s get started with logging in to the mytaxform website so users can retrieve their W-2 and 1095-C tax forms to file their taxes:
- Visit www.mytaxform.com
- Enter your employer name or employer code
- Click the Login button
***If you don’t have your employer name or code you can click the Find employer name link. Enter your Employer name and click the Select Employer button.
Continue on with the login process until you can locate your tax forms on the mytaxform.com website.
If you experience trouble and need one on one help you can click the Agent Assist link at the bottom of the screen but make sure you read this info first before going further:
- This process allows you to share your screen with an Equifax customer service agent for support purposes.
- You must currently be interacting with an agent.
- Only specific web pages and fields are visible by the agent.
- The agent will not see your user name, password or other sensitive information, nor will they be able to take control or make any changes.
- If you are currently on-line with an agent and would like to proceed, please follow their instructions for next steps.
- For additional information about how Equifax processes personal data, please review the Privacy Statement.
What is a W-2 Tax Form
The W-2 is the Wage and Tax Statement, and it is one of the most important documents you will receive from your employer come tax season. This form reports your annual wages and the taxes withheld from your paycheck, and you will need it to file your tax return.
What Information is on my W-2?
This form available at mytaxform.com includes your Social Security Number, your wages, income, and any withholdings or deductions made from those wages. This is an important form for those who are self-employed, as it provides proof that you pay your own taxes. Additionally, the Form W-2 also includes information about any tips that you earned and how much you paid for Social Security, Medicare taxes, and any benefits or contributions you might have received.
What is a 1095-c Tax Form?
The 1095-C is the Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage form, and it is used to report offer and enrollment information for the Affordable Care Act.
Both of these forms are important, and you will need them in order to complete your tax return. However, they are not the only forms you will need.
You can access your tax forms online by logging in to the mytaxform.com website. Once you have logged in, you will be able to find your forms under the “My Forms” or “Tax Forms” section.
If you are unsure of where to find your forms, you can always contact your employer’s human resources department for help.
What Information is on My 1095-C?
This document includes details about the legal name and employer identification number (EIN) of your employer, as well as your start and end dates of employment. It also includes information about your total eligible employer-sponsored health care coverage and any other form of health insurance coverage that you may have been offered.
The Form 1095-C is especially important for those who have attended a health insurance plan with their employers as part of their employment agreement. It is also used to determine if you qualify for certain special tax credits or deductions.
Read Our Popular Posts on W-2
Tips to Avoid Identity Theft
When it comes to your W-2 and 1095-c information, it’s important to be as careful as possible to avoid identity theft. Here are a few tips to help keep your information safe:
- Be sure to login to your mytaxform.com account with a strong password. Employer names and codes should be easy for you to remember, so you don’t have to write them down where others could see them.
- Once you’re logged in, take a look at your employer’s security settings. See if there is anything you can do to make your account more secure, such as adding Two-Factor Authentication.
- When you’re finished looking at your employer’s security settings, log out of your account. It’s important to always log out of accounts that contain sensitive information.
- If you have any questions about your W-2 or 1095-c information, be sure to contact your employer directly. They will be able to help you understand what you need to do to keep your information safe.
- Finally, keep an eye on your credit report. This is a good way to catch any suspicious activity that might be happening with your information. If you see anything that doesn’t look right, be sure to contact the credit bureau and your employer right away.