The Texas Department of Public Safety Driver Responsibility Surcharge Program is an online portal that allows Texas residents to check their current surcharge accounts and make payments online.
The website is easy to use and any payments processed on the site requires 24 to 48 hours to process and your driver history takes up to 5 days to be updated.
www.txsurchargeonline.com Payment Details
The TexasSurchargeonline website is a free service to customers so users won’t incur any fees for using the site.
Before getting started with the website you should have a few things handy which include:
- Current Texas drivers license or ID card number
- Reference number from the Surcharge notice letter
- A valid credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express)
- Valid checking, savings, or money market account
After you have this info handy follow the steps below:
- Click “Online Services” at the top of the page
- Enter the Texas Driver License or ID card number
- Date of birth
- Last name
- Zip code
- Click the white Login button
- Make cash payments at any HEB, Walmart, or Kroger location nationwide OR
- Visit txsurchargeonline.com/onlineservices.aspx
- Input the same info as mentioned above
TXSurchargeonline.com Customer Service Contact
Customers that may have questions about the use of the website can follow the information and details below for assistance:
- Call Municipal Services Bureau at 1-800-688-6882
- Program Specialists are available Monday – Thursday 8am to 9pm and Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 8am to 12pm.
There is an automated system when calling that is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to obtain account information or make payments using a credit card, debit card, checking, savings, or money market account.
To send correspondence via email customers can use the Contact form.
Click the Contact link at the top of the homepage and enter the following details:
- First name
- Last name
- Drivers license or ID card number
- Surcharge reference number
- Email address
- Daytime phone number
- Enter your message
- Click the Submit button
TXSurchargeOnline Dates Closed
The actual call center is closed on these holidays:
New Year’s Day Jan 1
Memorial Day Last Monday in May
Independence Day July 4
Labor Day First Monday in September
Thanksgiving Day Fourth Thursday in November
Christmas Day December 25