Consumers with an invitation to apply for the Citi Simplicity Card can complete the online application or paper application. This is an exclusive offer for those candidates that were pre-approved to apply for the card based on Citi’s credit criteria.
There are 2 options to apply for a Citi Simplicity Card and take advantage of this offer, online or by mail.
Citi Love Simplicity Invitation Number
To apply via Citi’s online application site candidates can follow this brief guide for navigating the application process:
***On the offer letter you received in the mail look for your 12 digit Citi Love Simplicity invitation code
- Enter your 12 digit invitation code and last name
- Click the blue Proceed to Application button
***If you are unsure where to locate your invitation number click the link “Where to Find Your Invitation Code” on the application homepage
Should be located on the top right side of your offer letter
Be prepared to enter some personal information when you begin the rest of the citi.com/lovesimplicity application. Because of your invitation code some of your personal info will automatically be pre-filled which will help speed up the application process. Be prepared to enter info such as:
- Social security number
- Answer if you’re a US citizen
- Phone numbers
- Set up your security protocols
- Total annual income
- Monthly mortgage/rent payment
- Add authorized user
- Agree to terms
- Click blue Agree & Submit button
When you are finished entering the requested information on your application you will wait for an instant decision to see if you’ve been approved or denied. If approved it will display on the screen including your new credit limit amount you’ve been approved for.
If you were denied OR if there needs to be more time to decide on your acceptance you will be notified as well.
Apply by Mail
To apply by mail candidates will need to complete the paper application (Citi Simplicity Mastercard Pre-Selected Application Form) they received in the mail, sign it, and return. Of course to receive a faster response applying via citi.com/lovesimplicity is the best option.
The mail option considering mail travel time will take up to 7 to 10 days to learn if you’ve been approved or not. With the online option you can learn if you’ve been approved within 60 seconds from submitting your online application.
Tips to Getting Approved
To give you the best chance of getting approved for a Citi Simplicity credit card you can follow these suggestions before applying:
- Send in application before offer expires
- Make sure all application info is complete, readable, accurate, and verifiable
- Monthly income should exceed monthly rent/mortgage/payment by at least $1,000
- Didn’t previously have a Citi credit card that was past due
- Didn’t have a credit card with a history of serious delinquency
- No bankruptcy in the last 7 years
- Credit score hasn’t deteriorated since receiving this offer
Citi Simplicity Credit Card Details
- 0% intro APR for 21 months on balance transfers from date of first transfer
- 0% intro APR for 12 months on purchases from date of account opening
- 16.99% variable APR after that
***all balance transfers must be completed within the first 4 months of account opening
- 5% balance transfer fee for each transfer
- If you transfer a balance with this offer after your 0% intro purchase APR expires, both new purchases and unpaid purchase balances will automatically accrue interest until all balances including transferred balances are paid off.
- No late fees ever
- No penalty rate ever
- No annual fee ever
- Flexible payment due date
- 24/7 customer service
- $0 liability on unauthorized charges