Citi Credit cardholders that need to activate their new card have three ways to activate their card: online, Citi mobile app, or utilize the phone number on the back of your credit card. When preparing to activate your card you will need these bits of info to verify your identity:
- Citibank credit card account number
- 3 digit security code on the back of your card
- Last 4 digits of the cardholder’s social security number
- Cardholders birthdate
Steps to Activate Card at CitiManager
If you are interested in activating your card online follow these steps:
- Visit www.citimanager.com/login activate card
- Enter your card number
- Enter your 3 digit security code
- Click the gray Continue button
Once you have entered the above information and hit the Continue button proceed with the rest of the activation process which is a short process from there.
Activate Card Via CitiManager Mobile App
To activate your card via the CitiManager mobile app instead of online at citimanager.com/login activate card you will first need to download the app to your mobile device or smartphone from the App Store or Google Play. You should already have an online account that you can login to via the app.
- Login to the app
- Look for activation info – should be an Activate link
- Select credit card
- Scan your card
- Input your CVV, date of birth, last 4 digits of your social security number
Activate Card Via Customer Service
Customer service is always available for cardholders to call and get assistance from. If you need them to activate your new Citi card then call the toll free number on the back of your card and speak with a representative OR use the automated phone service for card activation.
After you have activated your new Citi credit card you will now be able to use it to make purchases.
www.citimanager.com/login activate card