TurboTax customers that have their federal tax return directed for deposit on the Turbo Tax Prepaid Visa Card can activate their card online at www.turboprepaidcard.com/activate. After activating your card you can sign up for online access and monitor your transactions, check your card balance, use the online bill pay, send money, get free credit score, etc.
How to Navigate Turboprepaidcard.com/activate
After receiving your Turbo Tax Prepaid Visa Card in the mail cardholders can visit the activation site and enter the following information to fully activate your Turbo Tax Visa card for usage.
- visit www.turboprepaidcard.com/activate
- Enter your 16 digit card number from your card
- Enter the card’s expiration month
- Enter the card’s expiration year
- Enter your card’s PIN – your PIN is a 3 digit security code located on the back of your card. Just turn your card over and look for it located to the right of the signature area.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your social security number
- Create a 4 digit PIN for your card which is for PIN based purchases. The criteria for creating your PIN is it cannot be all the same digit such as 5555 and it cannot be a sequence of numbers such as 1234 or 9876. Your PIN can be automatically created for you by selecting “Choose PIN for me.” Your PIN should never be written on your card.
www.turboprepaidcard.com Register Process
After successfully activating your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card your next step is to verify your tax refund deposit by registering for an online account.
- From the homepage of the site select Login from the top right of the screen
- Select Create an Online Account
- Enter your 16 digit card number
- Enter your expiration month
- Enter your expiration year
- Enter your 3 digit security code
- Enter your birthday
- Enter your zip code
- Select Continue
- Create your security and login credentials
With the login credentials (online user ID and password) that you created login to your account. Your Turbo Prepaid Visa login info allows you to login from any computer, mobile device, or smartphone as long as you have internet access.
Turbo Prepaid Card Mobile App
Cardholders interested in accessing their account while on the go can download the Turbo Prepaid card app to their smartphone or mobile device. With the click of a button you can monitor your account activity around the clock and perform the same functions as logged into your account.
Reloadable – Add Money to Your Card
Your TurboTax Prepaid Card is a reloadable card that you can continue adding money to even after you’ve exhausted your tax refund. There are several ways to add funds to your card which are:
- ASAP Direct Deposit
- Greendot Reload at the Register – add cash using this service at over 65,000 participating retailers
There is a network of 20,000 free ATM’s available for cardholders to utilize. On the website there is an ATM finder that will locate the nearest one in your vicinity.
There are some fees associated with the Turbo Tax card and here is a brief listing of those fees.
- Monthly charge $4.95 – waived when you have loaded $1,000 or more in the previous monthly period
- Balance inquiry $.50
- Reload at retail location – $4.95
- Replacement card – $5.00
- Foreign transactions – 3% of total transaction amount
- withdrawals from ATM cost $2.50
Your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card is accepted anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the U.S..